Planning to relocate and sell your home? Have extra cash that you want to invest in your property? Or just simply want to update your home’s look?
Whatever the reason may be, renovating your home is a great way to add value to it. Not all renovations are created equal though – some give you a better return on investment than others.
Here are the 10 major renovations that add the most value to your home:
- Installing a new roof– This is one of the most important – and expensive – home renovations that can add significant value to your property. A new roof will protect your home from the elements, keep it better insulated and improve its curb appeal.
- Adding or updating siding– Just like a new roof, new siding can also help to protect your home from the elements and improve its curb appeal. If your siding is in good condition, you may be able to get away with just a fresh coat of paint.
- Replacing windows– Old, drafty windows not only make your home less energy-efficient, but they can also be a major source of heat loss in the winter. Replacing them with new, energy-efficient windows will help to keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, and it will also make it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Remodeling the kitchen– The kitchen is often referred to as the “heart of the home,” and for good reason. It’s where we prepare meals, gather with family and friends, and entertain guests. A well-designed kitchen can add a lot of value to your home, so if you’re planning a major renovation, the kitchen is a great place to start.
- Adding a bathroom– If your home doesn’t have enough bathrooms for the number of bedrooms, then adding an extra bathroom can be a great way to add value to your home. The cost of adding a bathroom depends on many factors but you can expect to spend at least $5,000. You can expect to recoup around 75% of the cost, or around $3,750, when you sell your home.
- Finishing the basement– A finished basement can be a great asset for any home. It provides additional living space that can be used for a variety of purposes, and it can also help to increase the value of your home.
- Adding a deck or patio– A deck or patio is a great way to create additional outdoor living space. It’s also a great place to entertain guests or relax after a long day. If you have the space, adding a deck or patio can be a great way to add value to your home.
- Adding or renovating your swimming pool– A swimming pool is a great addition to any home, and it can also be a great selling point. If you have the space, adding a pool can be a great way to add value to your home. If you don’t have an idea for your pool, there are plenty of professional swimming pool builders in Salt Lake City and other cities in Utah who can help you create the perfect pool for your home.
- Landscaping– Landscaping can make a big difference in the curb appeal of your home. If you have the space, adding some landscaping features can be a great way to add value to your property.
- Updating the electrical and plumbing– Old, outdated electrical and plumbing systems can be a major source of problems in any home. If your home is in need of an update, consider hiring a professional to update the electrical and plumbing systems. This can be a big project, but it’s one that will definitely add value to your home.
These are just a few of the many home renovations that can add value to your property. If you’re planning a major renovation, be sure to consult with a professional to get the most out of your investment.