Having a pool at your disposal is excellent on hot days; however, building a recreational space of this type requires following specific parameters and regulations to avoid possible accidents.
One of them, regardless of whether it is an indoor or outdoor pool, is to have a floor that is suitable for wet areas, that prevents slipping and that resists the constant presence of water and chlorine.
So, if you are wondering what the best floor to put on the outside of a swimming pool is? Then we will share a list of the different types of beds that best adapt to these wet areas. To create this list, we have considered selecting floors that, in addition to being highly functional, also provide a touch of style and exclusivity so that you will find everything from stone to WPC deck flooring and tiles. Let us begin!
Natural materials will always be a good option for wet areas; they generate a retro atmosphere to the pool, but with a touch of nature and a high level of functionality. The stone is resistant and is not easily destroyed by water or chlorine. In addition, its surface is non-slip and will provide the necessary and required safety for this type of area.
The stones are usually installed as a mosaic on a mesh; this gives it a touch of originality while creating organic figures that are visually very striking. In addition, in the market, you can find them in different colours so that your pool looks as good as the interior of your home.
A significant advantage of using stone is that, when moistened, it stays relaxed and very comfortable, even when the weather exceeds 30° centigrade. However, choose light-coloured rocks, so they don’t absorb heat like darker stones. Remember that 90% of the time, you will walk on this floor with bare feet.
Cement is a good choice because, like stone, it helps keep the floor cool and depending on how it is used, it can give your pool a modern look. The advantage of cement is that it can be left smooth or with patterns to personalise spaces.
Cement is usually combined with stone or granite to prevent the detachment of rocks and to prevent significant water seepage.
Deck WPC floor for the exterior of a swimming pool
If you want your floor to maintain a natural appearance, with warm colours and high resistance to sun and water, you can also use the “plastic wood” strips of the WPC Deck floor.
This is a synthetic material made with 60% natural fibres, usually bamboo wood, and 40% polymers and UV additives that make this type of floor suitable for outdoor use to withstand high traffic. WPC deck flooring is the perfect combination of the appearance of natural wood and the strength of polymers.
In addition to being used in swimming pools, these slats are often used on terraces, balconies, gardens and other wet areas such as Turkish baths or Jacuzzis. This way, you can extend the style and aesthetics of your home to your recreation areas.
By installing a Deck WPC floor, you have a visually pleasing product which does not suffer changes after the presence of liquids or by the sun’s rays. In addition, thanks to the fact that it is installed with a metallic support structure, it will always have a level surface despite the deformities of the terrain.
The floor in stone and ceramic tiles
Stone tiles, both artificial and natural, are a good option as a coating for the outside of swimming pools, as they behave well in the face of climate change and chemical products. However, to ensure that they are non-slip, it must be specified that their surface has a certain level of roughness and low porosity and that they are not accompanied by enamel coatings.
These floors are very striking, elegant and comfortable to step on with bare feet, but if you want to give them a “plus”, consider combining them with WPC Deck sheets so that, along with the appearance of wood, your pool looks lovely.
What to consider when choosing the floor for the outside of your pool?
Now that you know our recommendations, we will now share some tips that you should take into account when looking for the right floor to install around your pool.
- One floor may require more detailed and ongoing maintenance than another, so before choosing any options, think about how much time, effort and money you can spend on the cleaning, care and maintenance.
- Aesthetic factors are relevant for your pool to look neat, pleasant, and in keeping with the decoration style of your home; therefore, choosing the wrong floor can cause the aesthetics of your pool or the decoration intention to decline.
- As always, you have a good understanding of the area to be remodelled to estimate the precise amount of material to use.
- At once, if necessary, carefully detail where you are going to put each material since you can combine those that we previously presented.
- Please verify that the floor material meets the requirements of a wet area and confirm that it is anti-reflective and waterproof. But also, remember that the most important thing when thinking about a floor to install around a swimming pool or in any wet area is that it be non-slip; the aesthetic factor takes a back seat while the safety and practicality of the material stand out.
- Choose a floor with a high level of resistance to moisture and the fungus that comes with it, chemicals, rain and sunlight.
Creating a unique and functional space is challenging, but it is not impossible! We have different flooring options for wet and outdoor areas that will make your pool relaxing and perfect for a lazy afternoon.